Skip to content
From the left side of your wp-admin page click on Products then choose Add Products or select the product you want to edit.
- Add Product Name
- Ignore the main text widow
- Fill in Product Short Description
Center Column > Product Data – Simple Product
- Choose Simple Product from the drop-down menu
- Select the General tab
- SKU and Price must be filled in
- Select the Inventory tab
- Confirm Stock status is In stock
- Select the Shipping tab
- Input Weight and Dimensions
- Apply a Shipping class (I have defined this on Products > Shipping Classes and set the cost of each rate on Woocommerce > Settings)
- click on the Shipping tab then click the link Flat Rate below the tab.
Center Column > Product Data – Variable Product
Use this if the product has variations such as different sizes or colors.
All of the above Product Data for a simple product still applies.
- Choose Variable Product from the drop-down menu
- Select Attributes
- Click the Add button for Custom Product Attributes
- Name the attribute and give it values separated by pipes. i.e. Small|Medium|Large
- Check the Used for variations box
- Select Variations
- Choose Add Variations and click the Go button for each variation
- Choose a default variation
- From the drop-down select each variation
- On the right of the drop-down there are 3 options. The three bar icon is to arrange the variations. Up arrow is to expand the variation window to edit options. Remove should be clear.
- Click the expand icon
- Price is the only required field
- Select all applicable Product Categories. (These are defined under Products > Categories)
- Enter Product Tags. These are keywords that will help filter this product
- Upload your product image. Images should be at least 1000×1000 pixels. Square is easiest to manage.
- If there are multiple images add the remaining images to Product Gallery. You can move these images to rearrange.